What must now be the oldest PCV in regular revenue earning service in Lincolnshire is still very much in action. HVD 733N, owned by Coopers Tours, was noted departing from the Queen Elizabeth Grammar School on 1 May. A Leyland Leopard with Willowbrook body was new to British Airways in April 1975.
An earlier photo we took of the vehicle at Louth can be seen below and another image of it can be viewed by clicking here
More classic vehicles we photographed came in the form of two preserved Barton coaches which visited Skegness on 3 May. KAU 564V (left) , a Leyland Leopard with Plaxton C53F body, was new to Barton in July 1980 and allocated fleet number 564. It displays the X9 route number on the blinds, a reminder of Barton's once famous route between Long Eaton and the Lincolnshire coast and when they even had their own bus station in Skegness! The vehicle is currently owned by Confidence (of Leicester). Beside it is RVO 668L, another Plaxton-bodied Leyland Leopard, new to Barton in July 1973 and allocated fleet number 1246. It is owned by The Barton 1246 Society and you can find out more information about them by clicking here. (PW)