Since that time, and following the sale in July 2007 of the former RoadCar Ropery Road depot in Gainsborough, the depot has been used for the storage of vehicles, generally awaiting to be sold for scrap.
The Railway Terrace (also often referred to as the Garden Street depot) building was constructed in 1955 by Taylor and Coulbeck and cost £35,883. The land was acquired in April 1954 by Lincolnshire Road Car at a cost of £1,500. An older depot was to be found at that time a little further down Garden Street, at the junction of Abbey Road and Doughty Road, which was the Grimsby operating base of Enterprise & Silver Dawn, which Lincolnshire Road Car purchased in 1950; this depot closed and the vehicles moved into the new Railway Terrace building when it was completed in 1955.
Following privatisation of the National Bus Company in the late-80s, Lincolnshire was purchased by Yorkshire Traction who re-named the company RoadCar until December 2005 when the Chairman of Yorkshire Traction, Frank Carter, retired and sold the entire group to Stagecoach Holdings.